Jesus said in Mark 16:15, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
At King Street Church, there is a rich legacy of involvement in fulfilling this global calling dating right back to the denomination’s earliest initiatives. Now, as we continue to answer the call that Jesus gave to his Church, we pursue four goals in global ministries:
- To partner with local churches overseas and assist their vision for ministry
- To see the Gospel shared where it is not known and new churches established
- To care for the needs of the extreme poor
- To aid the persecuted Church through prayer and all other possible means
AN UPDATE FROM PASTOR JAY
July, 2023: The Missions Commission is excited to give an update on our work with our partners and missionaries around the globe. Through your support, King Street Church is involved in a variety of projects that help bring Jesus to the unreached, support churches, aid the extreme poor, and encourage and assist Christians who are persecuted.
In each of the past 3 years, the Missions Commission has been able to provide over $100,000 in additional support (over our budget) to our partners thanks to your great generosity! This is a true testimony of gratitude for God’s abundance, and allows us to demonstrate our Biblical concern as a church for those who are the least reached with the Gospel, crushingly poor, or who suffer greatly.
All gifts to the Missions Fund are anonymous – we don’t know who has given – so we want to take this opportunity now to thank you for your generous support! To give to the Missions Fund, mark gifts “Missions”; you can also specify that through the website or by text. Again, thank you!
As we seek to accomplish our stated goals overseas, we also work at home to: educate our congregation about the Great Commission and how our church can be involved; see people called and equipped for missions’ service; and disciple our members toward greater spiritual maturity through engagement in this work. Our Barnabas Teams are a key way that we involve members in serving a particular need or area of the world.
We support a variety of partners in global ministry, both individuals and organizations. Our partners are at work in diverse locations including Europe, Africa, Haiti, Russia, Thailand, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and the United States. They serve on a broad spectrum from sharing the good news about Jesus where it is not known, to church planting, campus ministry, Bible translation, and social ministries that serve the needs of the very vulnerable.
It is our privilege to serve directly with these international partners:
- The Church of the United Brethren in Haiti, and its affiliated school in Arcahaie, serving over 200 church members and 250 students
- Orphan’s Tree ministry, in 4 Russian cities, serving orphan “grads” who have moved from the orphanage to the challenge of living independently
- Cool Shade of Life Church in Chiang Mai, Thailand, an ethnic Thai church serving its community and reaching out to other areas with the Gospel
- Cornerstone Ministries, Namikango Mission and Rays of Hope Ministries in Malawi. Learn more about the new Malawi Barnabas Team!
- Operation Mobilization (OM) in Southeast Asia
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
If you would like to join us in our mission and support these initiatives through our designated missions fund, you may give online HERE or you can designate your check for “Missions.” Support is assigned to our partners and projects by our Missions Commission. We also support missions efforts through our annual church budget, and our adult Sunday School classes give significantly to many initiatives, as well.
If you would like information about Barnabas Teams or upcoming short-term trips to serve the needs of our partners, please email Jay Brown, Pastor of Missions and Discipleship.
Our international partners covet your prayer support as they seek to engage and bless their local communities with the Gospel. Each month, several of them share updates and specific prayer requests through our Messenger newsletter. You can find each month’s issue HERE.