What is RESET?
Jesus tells us in John 10:10 that, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly.” We can all point to personal or circumstantial attacks from our common “thief” that seek to steal abundant life away from us. Maybe it’s an emotional issue like anxiety or anger. Maybe it’s a situational issue like a wayward child, a challenging season in marriage, or being stuck after a divorce. Maybe it’s fear from the world swirling around us. Maybe it’s related to an addiction or abuse. Our enemy’s toolbox can seem unending.
We all get stuck or have setbacks as we seek to follow Jesus. Some of us have a new area where we want to grow. Some of us feel like we’ve been trying to heal forever and hope can feel diminished. But when Jesus offers abundant life, he is offering it for the here and now. He has come and kingdom life is available today!
While our enemy’s toolbox can seem full, we are not left without hope. Jesus offer us the cross and the community!
RESET is a worship service and support system that has a goal the lifting up of Jesus as our hope in the mess. At RESET, we are building safe environments to be real and to name what’s broken. We are building upon Jesus as our foundation when everything else is shaking. We are building an authentic community, a family, a place to belong.
Abundant life comes in doing life together. For real. With Jesus. Join us at RESET!
If you would like more information, contact Adam Keath, Director of Restoration and Recovery, at email@example.com.
Monday Nights at RESET
RESET meets on Monday nights at 6:30 pm in the Baker Center gym at King Street Church. Childcare is available.
6:30 pm: Large Group Worship with teaching and testimonies.
7:30 pm: Participants break out into support groups.
Core Care Groups
Core Care Groups are designed to offer support for some of our most vulnerable personal needs.
- Women’s Anxiety
- Women’s Mixed Issues
- Men’s Chemical Dependency
- Men’s Mixed Issues
Situational Support Groups
Situational Support Groups offer support in areas where our circumstances are deeply impacting our lives or our spiritual/emotional health.
- GriefShare: Meets at 7:00 pm in M7, starting March 1. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. This course will be offered both in-person and online. Register for GriefShare at King Street Church.
- Marriage Enrichment: Starting soon.
- Parents of Prodigals: Meets every other week. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
- Alpha Film Series: Join with others to explore life, faith, and meaning. Alpha is a place for anyone to honestly explore the basics of the Christian faith. Learn more about Alpha. If you are interested in attending Alpha, sign up below.