What is RESET?
Jesus tells us in John 10:10 that, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly.” We can all point to personal or circumstantial attacks from our common “thief” that seek to steal abundant life away from us. Maybe it’s an emotional issue like anxiety or anger. Maybe it’s a situational issue like a wayward child, a challenging season in marriage, or being stuck after a divorce. Maybe it’s fear from the world swirling around us. Maybe it’s related to an addiction or abuse. Our enemy’s toolbox can seem unending.
We all get stuck or have setbacks as we seek to follow Jesus. Some of us have a new area where we want to grow. Some of us feel like we’ve been trying to heal forever and hope can feel diminished. But when Jesus offers abundant life, he is offering it for the here and now. He has come and kingdom life is available today!
While our enemy’s toolbox can seem full, we are not left without hope. Jesus offer us the cross and the community!
RESET is a worship service and support system that has a goal the lifting up of Jesus as our hope in the mess. At RESET, we are building safe environments to be real and to name what’s broken. We are building upon Jesus as our foundation when everything else is shaking. We are building an authentic community, a family, a place to belong.
Abundant life comes in doing life together. For real. With Jesus. Join us at RESET!
If you would like more information, contact Adam Keath, Director of Restoration and Recovery.
Monday Nights at RESET
RESET meets on Monday nights at 6:30 pm in the Student Ministry Center at King Street Church. Childcare is available.
6:30 pm: Large Group Worship with teaching and testimonies.
7:30 pm: Participants break out into support groups.
Core Care Groups
Core Care Groups are designed to offer support for some of our most vulnerable personal needs.
- Women’s Anxiety
- Women’s Mixed Issues
- Men’s Chemical Dependency
- Men’s Mixed Issues
Situational Support Groups
Situational Support Groups offer support in areas where our circumstances are deeply impacting our lives or our spiritual/emotional health.
- GriefShare: Meets at 7:00 pm in room M5/7, starting September 13, 2021. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Register online or email Molly Shull with any questions.
- Parents of Prodigals: Meets every other week. Email email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
- Alpha: starting October 11. The Alpha Film Series is an open and honest space to explore questions of life, faith and meaning. It’s perfect for anyone who is on the fence about Jesus or a young believer, as well as those who would like a solid refresher on the basic foundations of Christianity. Join us at 6:30 in the Student Ministry Center, followed by the Alpha Film Series at 7:30 pm.
Community Care Groups
Community Care Groups are facilitated by partners in our community who offer support and assistance in a variety of areas. All who attend are invited to participate in the whole RESET evening.
- Conquer: starting October 11, hosted by She’s Somebody’s Daughter. The Conquer Series is a safe and confidential men’s group that uses video and discussion to tackle struggles arising from pornography use and sexual addiction. All men are welcome! For more details, or to register, click HERE.
- Moving Forward: starting soon, hosted by Franklin Together. Moving Forward is a support group for those dealing with re-entry and navigating the Criminal Justice system. Watch for more details.
Serve with RESET
To see opportunities to serve with RESET, visit Service Central.