We use KidCheck on Sunday mornings. Check your child in through the app, then pick up your tags at the KidCheck stations located at the doors.
New to KSC or you don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet? Click HERE.
Are your kids interested in getting baptized? Our Children’s Ministry Department is offering a special 2-week baptism class at 11:00 am for kids 12 and younger. (This class is not offered every time we have baptism.) This class will be held at 11:00 am on September 11 and 18 in M221. Kids will need to attend both meetings since each class builds on the other. If you are interested or have questions, email Becky Hann.
At Crosswalk Children’s Ministries, our mission is to connect children to God and others for a lifetime of following Jesus and serving their community.
To that end, our values include:
- Providing an environment where children feel welcomed, safe, and known
- Teaching Biblical Truths, to create a foundation on the Gospel
- Giving opportunity for service and evangelism
- Providing opportunities for children to learn about their unique gifts, and then encouraging them to use those gifts to engage and bless our community
- Offering parents Biblically-based resources to assist as they guide their children
We have three age-related areas, including Nursery, Pre-School, and Elementary. All areas offer 2 hours of age-appropriate activities and teaching on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am and 11:00 am.
- Nursery Care: Ages 2 and under
- Pre-School SonShine Park: Ages 2 through Kindergarten
- Elementary KidzTown: Grades 1-5
On Sunday mornings, we provide loving childcare for infants through older toddlers during both the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services. We offer a Nursing Room for mothers, and we use a call system to stay in touch with parents throughout the worship service. We have six nursery rooms which are cleaned every week; the Nursery Coordinator assigns children to rooms based on their development and a discussion with the parents. Read more about nursery policies and procedures.
PRE-SCHOOL: SONSHINE PARK
For our children aged 2 – Kindergarten, we engage them with a planned time of music, Bible learning, and activities.
- 9:30 am—Preschool & Kindergarten Sunday School: Our first hour classes use developmentally appropriate practices to share the Bible story. We also use centers such as Art, Blocks, Dramatic Play, Games, Music and Nature to engage the children and to reinforce the lesson. Children are served a snack at the end of this hour.
- 11:00 am — Wee Worship: Preschoolers and Kindergartners come together for a time of worship, movement, music and a Bible lesson. Then they continue their learning in their classrooms, with prepared activities that reinforce the lesson for that day.
Kids want to have fun and find a place to belong. They can do that as they join in with:
- 9:30 am — Kidz in the Word: Children in 1st-5th grades each have their own class room based on their age. The teachers and volunteers engage children in digging into God’s Word and learning about how what the Bible says applies to us today.
- 11:00 am — KidzWorship: Everyone comes back together for a large group teaching session, interactive activities and small group time where kids discuss the theme for the day and how to apply it to their lives.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS: KIDZCONNECT
During the school year, on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-8:00 pm, our elementary kids in grades 1-5 enjoy interactive activities and small group sessions, where kids get the chance to connect with each other, their small group leader, and God. We focus on how to live out our faith in tangible ways. The Fall 2022 session begins on Wednesday, September 14. Doors open at 6:45 pm and pick up is at 8:00 pm.
We are looking for people to round out our team of small group leaders. Contact Becky Hann if you can help.
The Kids Choir offers children a chance to learn more about music and worship, and use their energy to sing and move to the glory of God! We are looking forward to choir resuming on Sunday, October 2. Click here for more information about choir and register at this link. Questions? Email Jenn Roberts.
The Children’s Department is a peanut-free zone, and includes a check-in system to ensure the security of our children. Parents check-in their children upon arrival, and they receive an ID tag that matches a sticker placed on their child’s back. Anyone picking up the child must present the ID tag. Click to read more about check-in procedures for our guests.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Children’s Ministry team has planned an exciting year of ministry. At the heart of our vision is an incredible group of kids, and an amazing team of volunteers! We’re inviting you to join a work that is partly work and TOTALLY fun, as we need many volunteers to bring all of these programs to life. Some teach, some help, and some cuddle, but ALL have an impact on the Kingdom of God! Click here to sign up!
In order to provide and meet the needs of our families, we have a page that is password protected due to the restrictions of some of the curriculums we use. We have tried to make receiving this password as simple as possible. You can send us a private message on our Facebook page or text “Kids” to 717-401-7777.
If you have any questions concerning our children’s ministry, you can reach us on our Facebook Page or by texting “kids” to 717-401-7777.