Starting April 18, we will resume using KidCheck and online pre-registration will no longer be required. Check your child in through the app, then pick up your tags at the KidCheck stations located at the doors.
New to KSC or you don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet? Click HERE.
We would love to be able to open more classrooms each week! If you are willing to serve as a teacher or helper for a KidMin classroom, or would like more details, see our needs on Service Central.
VBS is coming – and we need YOUR help!
See how you can be involved in this exciting ministry by clicking HERE.
There are a variety of ways in which to serve.
(Registration for kids will open in May.)
At Crosswalk Children’s Ministries, our mission is to connect children to God and others for a lifetime of following Jesus and serving their community.
To that end, our values include:
- Providing an environment where children feel welcomed, safe, and known
- Teaching Biblical Truths, to create a foundation on the Gospel
- Giving opportunity for service and evangelism
- Providing opportunities for children to learn about their unique gifts, and then encouraging them to use those gifts to engage and bless our community
- Offering parents Biblically-based resources to assist as they guide their children
We have three age-related areas, including Nursery, Pre-School, and Elementary. All areas offer 2 hours of age-appropriate activities and teaching on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am and 11:00 am.
- Nursery Care: Ages 2 and under
- Pre-School SonShine Park: Ages 2 through Kindergarten
- Elementary KidzTown: Grades 1-5
On Sunday mornings, we provide loving childcare for infants through older toddlers during both the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services. We offer a Nursing Room for mothers, and we use a call system to stay in touch with parents throughout the worship service. We have six nursery rooms which are cleaned every week; the Nursery Coordinator assigns children to rooms based on their development and a discussion with the parents. Read more about nursery policies and procedures.
PRE-SCHOOL SONSHINE PARK
For our children aged 2 – Kindergarten, we engage them with a planned time of music, Bible learning, and activities.
- 9:30 am—Preschool & Kindergarten Sunday School: Our first hour classes use developmentally appropriate practices to share the Bible story. We also use centers such as Art, Blocks, Dramatic Play, Games, Music and Nature to engage the children and to reinforce the lesson. Children are served a snack at the end of this hour.
- 11:00 am — Wee Worship: Preschoolers and Kindergartners come together for a time of worship, movement, music and a Bible lesson. Then they continue their learning in their classrooms, with prepared activities that reinforce the lesson for that day.
Kids want to have fun and find a place to belong. They can do that as they join in with:
- 9:30 am — Kidz in the Word: Children in 1st-5th grades all report to the Children’s Ministry Center to start off their Sunday morning. After some free time, we enjoy corporate worship together, and then the children are dismissed to different age groups to dig into God’s Word.
- 11:00 am — KidzWorship: Everyone comes back together for a large group teaching session, interactive activities and small group time where kids discuss the theme for the day and how to apply it to their lives.
- 11:00 am — Online Hybrid Option: We now have an online option for Grades 1 – 5 at 11:00 am via Zoom. Join LIVE with other kids in the CMC for our KidzWorship hour. For the Zoom link, email Michaela or log into the Children’s Resource Page.
KidzConnect! During the school year, on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-8:00 pm, our elementary children in grades 1-5 enjoy interactive activities and small group sessions, where kids get the chance to connect with each other, their small group leader, and God. We focus on how to live out our faith in tangible ways. Everyone starts out in the Children’s Ministry Center (CMC – M229) and returns to this room for dismissal.
- Family Worship: Each quarter, we offer parents the opportunity to attend our worship time and participate with their children. This is often on the fifth Sunday of a month, but watch the worship folder for details.
- Kids Choir: The Kids Choir offers children a chance to learn more about music and worship, and use their energy to sing and move to the glory of God! They meet during the school year on Wednesdays at 6:15 pm in the Choir Room (M7)
The Children’s Department is a peanut-free zone, and includes a check-in system to ensure the security of our children. Parents check-in their children upon arrival, and they receive an ID tag that matches a sticker placed on their child’s back. Anyone picking up the child must present the ID tag. Click to read more about check-in procedures for our guests.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Children’s Ministry team has planned an exciting year of ministry. At the heart of our vision is an incredible group of kids, and an amazing team of volunteers! We’re inviting you to join a work that is partly work and TOTALLY fun, as we need many volunteers to bring all of these programs to life. Some teach, some help, and some cuddle, but ALL have an impact on the Kingdom of God! Click here to sign up!
In order to provide and meet the needs of our families, we have a page that is password protected due to the restrictions of some of the curriculums we use. We have tried to make receiving this password as simple as possible. You can send us a private message on our Facebook page or text “Kids” to 717-401-7777.
If you have any questions concerning our children’s ministry, you can reach us on our Facebook Page or by texting “kids” to 717-401-7777.