At Crosswalk Children’s Ministries, our mission is to support parents in reaching, teaching and leading their children to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. We have three age-related areas, including Nursery, Pre-School, and Elementary. All three areas offer 2 hours of age-appropriate activities and teaching on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am and 11:00 am.
- Nursery Care: Ages 2 and under
- Pre-School: Ages 2 through Kindergarten
- Elementary: Grades 1-5 will experience Kidztown
On Sunday mornings, we provide loving childcare for infants through older toddlers during both the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services. We offer a Nursing Room for mothers, and we use a call system to stay in touch with parents throughout the worship service. We have six nursery rooms which are cleaned every week; the Nursery Coordinator assigns children to rooms based on their development and a discussion with the parents. Read more about nursery policies and procedures.
For our children aged 2-Kindergarten, we engage them with a planned time of music, Bible learning, and activities.
- 9:30 am—Preschool Sunday School: Our first hour of teaching time includes activities for children to participate in, story time, table activity/craft, and singing.
- 11:00 am — Preschool Worship: The second hour continues our teaching time with the children. A snack is offered and the lesson from the first hour is reinforced in new ways to help our little ones retain what they have learned.
Kids want to have fun and find a place to belong. They can do that as they join in with:
- 9:30 am — Kidz in the Word: Children in 1st-5th grades all report to the Children’s Ministry Center to start off their Sunday morning. After some free time, we enjoy corporate worship together, and then the children are dismissed to different age groups to dig into God’s Word.
- 11:00 am — KidzWorship: Everyone comes back together for a large group teaching session, interactive activities and small group time where kids discuss the theme for the day and how to apply it to their lives.
During the school year in the spring and fall, we offer activities on Wednesday nights. Parents must stay on-site for children in Kindergarten and younger. For those in grades 1-5, children can be dropped off, but should be registered in advance of each session, using a provided form or the online registration.
- Nursery and Pre-School: Loving care is provided, along with age-appropriate activities and lessons.
- KidzConnect! Our elementary children in grades 1-5 enjoy interactive activities and small group sessions, where kids get the chance to connect with each other, their small group leader, and God. We focus on how to live out our faith in tangible ways. Everyone starts out in the Children’s Ministry Center (CMC – M229) and returns to this room for dismissal.
- Family Worship: Each quarter, we offer parents the opportunity to attend our worship time and participate with their children. This is often on the fifth Sunday of a month, but watch the worship folder for details.
- Kids Choir: The Kids Choir offers children a chance to learn more about music and worship, and use their energy to sing and move to the glory of God! They meet during the school year on Wednesdays at 6:15 pm in the Choir Room (M7)
The Children’s Department is a peanut-free zone, and includes a check-in system to ensure the security of our children. Parents check-in their children upon arrival, and they receive an ID tag that matches a sticker placed on their child’s back. Anyone picking up the child must present the ID tag. Click to read more about check-in procedures for our guests.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Children’s Ministry team has planned an exciting year of ministry. At the heart of our vision is an incredible group of kids, and an amazing team of volunteers! We’re inviting you to join a work that is partly work and TOTALLY fun, as we need many volunteers to bring all of these programs to life. Some teach, some help, and some cuddle, but ALL have an impact on the Kingdom of God! Click here to sign up!