You Came. You Saw. You Got Involved!
Almost every week, we send out an email to our church family which highlights a key event, ministry, or element in the upcoming worship services. Below is the text from the email from September 23, 2021. If you would like to receive our Weekend Preview email, click to sign up.
Hello, King Street Family! We hope this beautiful Thursday finds you well. Today we have another update on God’s work through King Street Church.
We never really gave you a full update on Vision Sunday, and we definitely wanted to loop you in because that has been a source of celebration among our staff. On Sunday, August 29, Pastor Jody challenged our church family to “come and see what God can do through you!” and close to 50 people responded and chose to plug into Sunday School classes, L3 groups, or new areas of serving.
What an encouragement! Thank you for stepping out and being willing to get involved. For those who chose to serve, right away this gives a few of our leaders the ability to live into their full potential as a ministry, and hope of growing and expanding our reach as we seek to engage and bless our community with the Gospel.
Did we miss anyone? If you were thinking and praying about taking a new step, and you didn’t get to do that yet, it’s not too late. In fact, we have some upcoming classes, events, and ways to plug-in that we wanted to draw to your attention. The steps follow our three core values:
We express our faith in Christ through steps like believing in Him through salvation, expressing that faith through baptism, and living a life of faith with actions such as child dedication. If you have never accepted Jesus as your Savior, our pastors would love to speak with you about what that means. Please call the church office at (717) 264-4651, or email Molly Shull, Administrative Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will set up a time to talk.
Baptism classes will be offered on Sunday, October 3, after each service in the Connection Hub. The baptismal service is planned for Sunday, October 31.
Our next child dedication service will be held on Sunday, November 7. If you wish to participate, attend a preparation class on Sunday, October 10 or Sunday, October 24 at 11:00 am in the Fellowship Room. If you have questions, contact Becky Hann, Director of Children’s Ministries (email@example.com.)
Both Sunday School classes and L3 Groups have been powerful tools for connection in the life of our church, especially during the coronavirus. Contact Jay Brown, our Pastor of Mission & Discipleship, (firstname.lastname@example.org), for guidance in finding the perfect Sunday School class to attend. L3 Groups — discipleship communities of 6-12 people who meet regularly to love one another, learn together, and launch into ministry — are particularly important as they are the “pathway of discipleship” through which we plan to fulfill our 10 year vision here at King Street Church. Learn more or sign up here: L3 Groups
Our heart here is to ensure that you are able to serve with the talents God has given you in ways that would feed your soul. Should you believe those areas might include any of the following ministries, they are still looking for new team members so that they, too, can fulfill their vision for the upcoming season of Kingdom work:
- Welcome Ministries: looking for friendly people at all worship services (only 30 minutes a month!)
- Children and Student Ministries: serve on Sunday mornings or Wednesday nights
- Worship and Media Ministries: serve on stage or behind-the-scenes during our worship services
THIS WEEKEND! There are two ways to get missionally engaged in God’s work just in the next few days:
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser: Emily Schoenleber is a King Street missionary who is currently transitioning to a new ministry. She will be sharing about the work that the Lord has called her to on Saturday, September 25, from 5-7:00 pm in the Baker Center. The spaghetti dinner will be served by donation; all proceeds will go to support Emily in her new mission.
- KSConnectAbility Open House: This Sunday, September 26, you’re invited to visit our ministry which supports families who have a child with special needs; KSConnectAbility is hosting an Open House in M115 near the Rotz Foyer. They provide safe, loving care for children with special needs so that their parents can enjoy the worship service. Be a Buddy! We are also looking for more people to serve on the team. Training is provided; adults and teens are welcome. If you’re interested in serving for a very rewarding hour, contact the church office at (717) 264-4651 or email Sigrid Carpenter (email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday for another message from Pastor Jody, “Some Day,” Isaiah 11-12.