Digital Worship Folder
If you would like to automatically receive the Digital Worship Folder on your device each week, text TODAY to (717) 401-7777
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Pastor Rob Gunkelman
Advent: Love’s Coming Down
Experience & Encounter
(These questions are an invitation to experience your life with God. Use them on your own or in community as you seek to follow Jesus.)
- Knowing that God is love (Agape) should allow us to experience His deep love on an intimate level. What are some ways that you can look to experience God’s extravagant love for you this season?
- How has the transformative power of agape love changed you throughout your life? How has God changed your actions, your heart, your desires, and your dreams?
- Can people see the love of God through observing your life? If not, what are some steps that you can take in order to experience His love on such a transformative level that others will see God in you?
This Christmas season, we will be challenging our church family to share our joy in considering the spiritual needs of others. Within your circle of friends, family, neighbors and colleagues, who do you know who needs the hope of Jesus in their life? Who needs a relationship with Christ?
Each week we will talk more about identifying and praying for your one, and about inviting them to Christmas Eve here at King Street Church so that they might hear the Gospel.
If you are praying for a person or family, we’d love to partner in this with you. Would you be willing to share the first name(s) of those for whom you are praying? Then we can pray along. In a future Weekend Preview, we will list these first names and ask that we join in prayer together. Visit this page and scroll down for the name form: SHARE YOUR ONE’S NAME
Christmas Eve Invitations: Today we offer invitations in the lobbies that you can use to invite someone to Christmas Eve services.
- 8:00 am, Sanctuary (Traditional)
- 9:30 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am, Sanctuary (United Worship Service)
- 11:00 am, Baker Center (Contemporary)
- 8:00 am (Traditional)
- 9:30 am (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am (United)
New Partners Today
Church partners (members) walk with Christ and pledge to join the church community by embracing its mission, engaging in its ministry, contributing to its finances, and submitting to its authority. Today we welcome Macsone Polyte (9:30 Baker) and Jean Ellis (11:00 Sanctuary) as new partners.
Christmas at Country Creek Tickets
Our outdoor event is tomorrow, December 11, from 6-8:00 pm at Country Creek Produce Farm. (If we have bad weather, the backup date is Tuesday, December 12.) Please note: YOU WILL NEED A FREE TICKET, available now in the lobbies. It is also important that you ENTER VIA THE OPENING MARKED WITH A KSC FLAG. Country Creek will be open to the public and those without a free ticket will be asked to pay.
- A GREEN TICKET for your family; on the back, put your name and the number of people in your family to help us keep an accurate count.
- A RED TICKET for a guest person/family; this is a great event to attend with someone! On the back, put your own name as the one who invited them. Please, just one guest family.
It’s not too late to enter into the advent devotionals for this season. There are a few copies in the lobbies, and you can also receive the daily readings digitally:
- Text “advent” to (717) 401-7777 to receive daily devotionals to your phone
- Subscribe to get daily emails at kingstreetchurch.com/advent
Baptism Meeting Today
We are planning to hold a baptismal service on Sunday, January 7. Our preparation meeting for this service is today. If you are interested in taking the important step of baptism, plan to join us at 11:00 am in Team Central (in our central hallway).
Malawi Presentation Today
The King Street Church Missions Commission and Malawi Barnabas Team invite you to a presentation by Rays of Hope Ministries Executive Director Willie Mapsuka today at 11:00 am in the Middle school Ministry Center (M16). Rays of Hope is one of our ministry partners in Malawi and Willie will be providing an overview of the current challenging conditions in Malawi and the work of his ministry.
Poinsettia Dedication Deadline Tomorrow
Dedicate a poinsettia in honor of or in memory of a loved one ($10.50) by tomorrow, December 11. Forms are in the lobbies or order online here. You can pick up your flowers after the Christmas Eve service or in the Baker lobby on Tuesday, December 26.
Pottery Exhibit Today
This morning we invite you to visit the pottery display in the Baker Center lobby and the Rotz foyer at the side of the Sanctuary. This art was done by the pottery classes which meet in our Ministry Center.
If you receive personalized offering envelopes from the church, you can pick those up today in the Rotz foyer. Year-end tithes, offerings, and gifts must be post-marked by December 31 to be credited to your 2023 contribution records as a tax-deductible donation.
“If My People” Prayer Group Tomorrow
Join the team here at KSC that prays for revival in our families, church, community, nation, and world. They meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 pm in M21. (Note: RESET is not meeting.)
December 24 Morning Service
This year Christmas Eve, December 24, falls on a Sunday. We will hold ONE service at 10:00 am in both the Sanctuary and Baker Center. Pastor Rob Gunkelman will share the message as we gather together at this family-style service. Children are encouraged to attend, as Sunday School classes and childcare will not meet.
Christmas Eve Services
Christmas Eve services will be held on Sunday, December 24. ALL services will feature the lighting of candles. Childcare is offered for ages 3 and under at 3:00 and 5:00 pm. We ask that you register for childcare in advance HERE.
- Sanctuary: 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00 pm – Traditional
- Baker Center: 3:00 and 5:00 pm – Contemporary
Night to Shine
This celebration for people with special needs is coming on Friday, February 9, 2024. Volunteers, it’s time to register! (Guest registration is now full.) Volunteers, it’s time to register! We are especially looking for buddies; buddies accompany one guest throughout the evening and help to make sure that they have a great time. You wear party clothes, have a great dinner, enjoy a limo ride, and dance! Please consider being a buddy! Please visit the website and sign up to serve with us at this amazing event: nighttoshine2024.com.
King Street is one of five churches hosting the Hope & Courage Women’s Conference on Saturday, March 16, 2024. The event will be held at Antrim Church. It is designed to encourage and equip women toward a strong biblical worldview and a deep love for God’s Word. All women ages 16 and up are invited! The Keynote Speaker is New York Times Bestselling author of “Another Gospel,” Alisa Childers, who also wrote “Live Your Truth and Other Lies: Exposing Popular Deceptions That Make Us Anxious, Exhausted and Self-Obsessed.” Eloisa Rice, a Bible teacher here at King Street, will also speak on the importance of Bible literacy in the lives of Christian women today. See details and register at hopeandcourageconference.com.
Student Ministry News
- GPS Groups: Students in grades 6-12 meet for GPS Sunday School at 9:30 and 11:00 am.
- 9:30 am: Middle School Sunday School (High School Serving/Worship)
- 11:00 am: High School Sunday School (Middle School Serving/Worship)
- Wednesday Street Meetings will start back up again on Wednesday, January 4. Plan now to come and bring your friends.
- Almost New Year’s Eve All-Nighter: The Street is excited to partner with local churches for this this year’s All-Nighter for grades 6-12 from 6:30 pm on Wednesday, December 27 to 6:00 am on Thursday, December 28. We’ve planned all sorts of fun activities! Cost is $50 and spaces are limited. Find all the details and register HERE.
- Visit our page for more information on Student Ministries or to find out how you can become part of the Road Crew team of volunteers.
The Porch Young Adult Ministry
Our young adult ministry meets on the first/third Thursdays of the month at 7:00 pm, usually in the Student Ministry Center. All young adults are welcome; you don’t have to attend KSC to come! Small groups connect on the second/fourth Thursdays; guys meet in the SMC and girls meet in Team Central.
- Thursday, December 21: Our annual Christmas party will again have a theme of flapjacks and flannels (yes, there will be pancakes!) Join us at 7:00 pm in the Student Ministry Center and wear your coziest flannels!
Learn more about The Porch HERE.
Children’s Ministry News
- Sunday Mornings, we offer ministry for children in Nursery through 5th grade at 9:30 and 11 am. If you are new to KSC, or don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet, you can register your kid(s) online and then pick up your nametags at the Baker Center Welcome Station. Find more info HERE.
- Wednesday evening KidzConnect activities for students in Kindergarten – Grade 5 meet from 7:00 – 8:00 pm in the CMC. Doors open at 6:45 pm.
- We are still looking for Teachers, Helpers and Small Group Leaders in our Preschool and Elementary areas. Each one helps our children to explore the Bible and develop a deeper understanding of who God is. If you would like to learn more about serving with our kids, you can also reach out to Becky Hann.
RESET on Monday Nights
RESET is a worship service and support system that lifts up Jesus as our hope in the messiness of life. It’s a safe place to heal, to grow, to start over, and to thrive. We are a community that admits our issues and works on them together. We meet on Monday nights: worship at 6:30 pm and open share groups at 7:30 pm.
Our December schedule is a little different; please note these dates:
- Monday, December 11: NO RESET, so that we may all participate in the church-wide event at Country Creek
- Monday, December 18: Moravian Love Feast at 6:30 pm (this special time will allow us to focus on the sweetness of Christ’s presence), followed by Support Groups at 7:00. (no meal)
- Monday, December 25, and Monday, January 1: NO RESET — Enjoy your holidays!
Weekend Preview Emails
Most weeks, we send out a church email called the Weekend Preview which highlights a key event, ministry, or an element of upcoming worship services. Often the information shared in this email is not offered elsewhere. If you would like to receive the Weekend Preview, sign up here or text keyword PREVIEW to (717) 401-7777.
If you are in the hospital, we would love to know so that we might visit you. The hospital will contact us if you designate King Street Church as your place of worship on your intake forms. You (or a loved one) can also call the church directly at 717-264-4651.
Stay in the Loop on The Hub!
Visit The Hub on our website for the latest featured videos, plus the digital worship folder, articles, and more.
How Are You Doing?
Our pastors are available to pray and discuss any concerns that are on your heart. Please reach out if you need to talk. Email Molly Shull or complete the online form HERE. Contribute a request or pray for others HERE at the Prayer Wall.
Text to Connect: (717) 401-7777
|Pray||Ask for prayer||Pastor||Talk to a pastor|
|Give||Give an offering||Kids||Kids Ministry|
|New||New to KSC||Student||Student Ministry|
|Daily||Receive daily Scripture||Recovery||Recovery Support|
|Today||Digital Worship Folder|