Digital Worship Folder
If you would like to automatically receive the Digital Worship Folder on your device each week,
text TODAY to (717) 401-7777
Sunday, February 5, 2023
Pastor Jody Bowser
“Joy & Peace”
- 8:00 am, Sanctuary (Traditional)
- 9:30 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am, Sanctuary (United Worship Service)
- 11:00 am, Baker Center (Contemporary)
- 8:00 am (Traditional)
- 9:30 am (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am (United)
Baptism Class Today
If you are interested in being baptized at the service on Sunday, February 26, or in learning more about baptism, attend the meeting TODAY at 11:00 am in room M31. If you can’t make the meeting, contact Molly.
Lunch Lessons with Pastor Jody
You’re invited to join Pastor Jody for lunch and Revelation study on Thursday, February 9, from 12-1:00 pm in the Middle School area (M16). We need everyone to register by noon tomorrow, February 6. Bring your own lunch or purchase a wrap sandwich ($5). Register HERE.
New Men’s Study
Beginning this week, February 8, our Band of Brothers Men’s Ministry is starting a new study during their Wednesday night meeting (7:00 pm, M27): “Called to Act: 5 Uncomplicated Disciplines for Men.” In this 5-week series, Vince Miller provides an understanding of five essential spiritual disciplines that ignite a lifelong journey of spiritual development made just for men. Visit kingstreetchurch.com/men for an expanded description and trailer.
Night to Shine
It’s finally here! The annual event for our friends with special needs is this Friday, February 10! We are so grateful to all those who are serving. Please join us in praying for all of our guests, that they would enjoy their evening, and would feel cherished and loved.
True Girl Mother/Daughter Event
We are excited about our upcoming True Girl event THIS Saturday, February 11, from 6:30-9:00 pm in the Baker Center. It’s clear Biblical truth wrapped in a package tween girls (aged 7-12) will never forget! There will be vibrant worship, a fashion show (dress with dignity!), practical Bible teaching, and a conversation time so moms and daughters can connect. Learn more or register on our PJ Party page.
- Our King Street family gets a discount with promo code KINGSTREETFAMILY. We don’t want cost to be a hindrance for anyone; if that’s your situation, reach out to Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the Word! We want a full house. Please invite friends and help us to fill the Baker Center with moms and daughters. Posters and flyers are available; reach out to Heidi Roseman.
- Volunteers: We need many hands to get this party started! Please consider helping: sign up through the link at our PJ Party page. The roles we need include a Set Up Team, Ticket Takers, Resource Table, Security/Crowd Control, Ushers and Greeters, and Tear Down Team.
Annual statements for contributions totaling over $250 have been emailed to those with email addresses on file (check your spam folder) and mailed to others. For questions or to request a statement for a lesser amount, contact Andrea Hartman. Also, you can pick up your personalized offering envelopes for 2023 at the KSC Administrative Office (56 N 2nd Street).
Save the date: we will gather for an Ash Wednesday service on Wednesday, February 22, in the sanctuary at 6:00 pm.
News from The Street
- GPS Groups: Students in grades 6-12 meet for GPS Sunday School at 9:30 and 11:00 am.
- 9:30 am: Middle School Sunday School (High School Serving/Worship)
- 11:00 am: High School Sunday School (Middle School Serving/Worship)
- Wednesday Night Street Meetings: Students in grades 6-12 are invited to join us each week for snacks, games, worship, a message from God’s Word, and small group discussion. Doors open at 6:45; we end at 8:30 pm.
- Visit our page for more information on Student Ministries or to find out how you can become part of the Road Crew team of volunteers.
GriefShare is a support group for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one. It is led by people who understand grief and can help in navigating the challenges of rebuilding your life. Mark your calendar for the next session of GriefShare which begins Monday, February 6. You can register online HERE.
The Porch Young Adult Ministry
The Porch young adult ministry meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7:00 pm in the Student Ministry Center. Small groups connect on the second and fourth Thursdays; guys meet in the SMC and girls meet in M9. Learn more about The Porch HERE.
Children’s Ministry News
- Sunday Mornings, we offer ministry for children in Nursery through 5th grade at 9:30 and 11 am. If you are new to KSC, or don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet, you can register your kid(s) online and then pick up your nametags at the Baker Center Welcome Station. Find more info HERE.
- KidzConnect: Wednesday nights are about building relationships and learning how to live out our faith. We meet each Wednesday evening in the CMC from 7:00—8:00 pm (doors open at 6:45 pm). We’d love to build our team even more — if you can help as a 1st-5th grade small group leader, contact Kristi Davis or visit Service Central.
- Kids Choir offers children in grades 1-5 a chance to learn more about music and worship, and use their energy to sing and move to the glory of God! TODAY rehearsals begin at 11:00 am in the Choir Room (M5). If you can’t join today but would like to participate, email Jenn Roberts.
- We are looking for Teachers, Helpers and Small Group Leaders in our Preschool and Elementary areas. Each one helps our children to explore the Bible and develop a deeper understanding of who God is. If you would like to learn more about serving with our kids, you can also reach out to Becky Hann.
RESET on Monday Nights
RESET is a worship service and support system that lifts up Jesus as our hope in the messiness of life. It’s a safe place to heal, to grow, to start over, and to thrive. We are a community that admits our issues and works on them together. We meet on Monday nights: dinner is at 6:00 pm, followed by worship at 6:30 pm and open share groups at 7:30 pm.
- Childcare Helpers Needed: We are in need of helpers to care for a few children on Monday nights during RESET, from 6:15 – 8:30 pm. A stipend is available. Email Molly Shull or call 717-264-4651.
2023 Bible Reading Plan
During 2023, we are reading the Chronological Bible as a church family. This version arranges the Scriptures so that we are reading them in historical order. (Did you know Job actually lived before Abraham?) It’s not too late to join!
- Receive daily emails of that day’s Scripture: Sign up at bible.kingstreetchurch.com
- Receive daily texts to your device: Text keyword “daily” to (717) 401-7777
- Use a paper schedule, available in the lobbies or download here: Chronological Bible Plan
How Are You Doing?
Our pastors are available to pray and discuss any concerns that are on your heart. Please reach out if you need to talk. Email Molly Shull or complete the online form HERE. Contribute a request or pray for others HERE at the Prayer Wall.
Text to Connect: (717) 401-7777
|Pray||Ask for prayer||Pastor||Talk to a pastor|
|Give||Give an offering||Kids||Kids Ministry|
|New||New to KSC||Student||Student Ministry|
|Daily||Receive daily Scripture||Recovery||Recovery Support|
|Today||Digital Worship Folder|