Digital Worship Folder
If you would like to automatically receive the Digital Worship Folder on your device each week,
text TODAY to 717-401-7777
January 17, 2021
Pastor Jody Bowser
The Irrepressible Gospel
“The Birthplace of Missions”
Acts 9:1-16, 13-14
IN-PERSON SERVICES: Masks are now required at all services.
- 8:00 am, Sanctuary (Traditional)
- 9:30 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 8:00 am (Traditional)
- 9:30 am (Contemporary)
- Rebroadcast: 11:00 am (Contemporary)
- Rebroadcast: 1:00 pm (Traditional)
ABOUT MASKS: With the recent increase in COVID-19, we are now asking that masks be worn in all services and in all public spaces within the church. The expectation is that you will keep the mask on throughout the service. Thank you for helping us to protect each other, which ultimately allows us to continue to meet and worship God together.
New Sermon Series
Today, Pastor Jody begins a 12-week sermon series on Paul’s second missionary journey. This series, “The Irrepressible Gospel,” will focus on Acts 15–18. Pastor Jody says: “There are some moments in history that completely change the trajectory of the entire world. Paul’s second missionary journey, as recorded in Acts 15-18, is one of those moments. God used the Apostle Paul, supported by a small team of others, to expand the Kingdom of God in dramatic ways. The message of the Gospel went forth in great power. The word irrepressible is defined as: not able to be controlled or restrained. That is exactly what happened as the Gospel was shared in city after city. In the face of great opposition, the Good News of Jesus Christ couldn’t be contained. And it hasn’t stopped! The Gospel is STILL being preached and the work of God is STILL being accomplished in this world. Join us in this 12-week sermon series as we explore the trip that changed the world!”
Attend or Help with Night to Shine
- Attend: Guests will attend a drive-through line (at Antrim Brethren in Christ) where “paparazzi” will cheer for their vehicle. Each guest will receive a fun bag of food, gifts and their tiara/crown. They will continue the program at home while watching a one-hour simulcast program from the Tim Tebow Foundation, which will include a crowning ceremony, music, special guests, and more! We have just a few more spaces available for guests; register to participate at: nighttoshine2021.com.
- Volunteer: We are in need of more people to serve at the drive-through portion of the evening, especially to cheer as part of the paparazzi. If you already have your security clearances and are willing to take part in this amazing event, visit serve.kingstreetchurch.com and look for Night to Shine.
Brett Morley has joined our church family as a partner/member and will be introduced in the 9:30 am Baker Center service. Be sure to welcome Brett as you see him.
2021 Bible Plan
One of our core values at King Street Church is to be spiritually alive in Christ. It’s not too late to join us as we read through the Bible together this year; we are just starting Exodus today. The plan is offered several ways:
- Receive daily EMAILS to your inbox that include that day’s Scripture passage and devotional: Sign up at bible.kingstreetchurch.com.
- Receive daily TEXTS to your device: Text keyword “DAILY” to (717) 401-7777.
- Use a paper SCHEDULE, available in the lobbies (although this will not include the devotionals)
Cold Weather Drop-In Shelter
The Chambersburg Cold Weather Drop-In Shelter provides a warm, safe and clean environment for those who are homeless, and have no options for shelter during the cold inclement months of the year. They are open from December to April and depend on volunteers to provide extra hands to assist the Shelter Manager. In the past, KSC Sunday School classes have assisted on Wednesday evenings. We are still looking for classes or individuals to assist on the 1st and 4th Wednesdays of the month. The 7 pm to 12 am period is usually divided into 2 segments: 7 pm to 9 pm and 9 pm to midnight. For more details, or to volunteer, see the information on Service Central.
If you receive personalized offering envelopes, you can pick those up at the Church Office. The office is open Monday – Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm, and on Friday from 8 am – noon. Questions, contact Debbie Watson.
Other Ways to Serve
We are looking forward to a full year of ministry at King Street Church! If you would like to get in on the action, visit Service Central. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, some of which you can complete from home. Maybe you would like to send cards to shut-ins, or serve as an online host during Sunday services. Perhaps you are ready to help on-site as part of Welcome Ministries or the Media Team. You are invited to partner with us in loving the people in our church family and community!
RESET on Monday Nights!
RESET is a safe place to receive help and healing for any barrier that keeps us from abundant life in Christ. We meet each Monday at 6:30 pm in the Baker Center. To learn more about participating in and helping at RESET, visit HERE for details.
News from The Street
- GPS SUNDAY CLASSES meet on Sundays, at 9:30 and 11:00 am in the Middle School area.
- THE STREET MEETINGS: Come on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm in the Baker Center (doors open at 6:45 pm). Please wear a mask.
Children’s Ministry News
- Crosswalk KidMin is offering ministry for children in Nursery through 5th grade at both 9:30 and 11:00 am. Sign up HERE.
- We are now offering an online class for grades 1-5 at 11:00 am each Sunday. See Crosswalk Kids on Facebook for details.
- Children’s Baptism Classes: Are your kids curious about baptism or interested in getting baptized? Our Children’s Ministry Department is offering a 3-week baptism class at 11:00 am for kids 12 and younger. (Please note that this class is not offered every time we have baptism.) This class will be held on January 24 & 31 and February 7 in M221. Kids will need to attend all 3 meetings since each class builds on the others. If you are interested or have any questions, email Michaela.
Adult Sunday School
Several classes are meeting again. Since these are small gatherings and allow for social distancing, participants may remove their masks inside their classroom (if everyone is comfortable with doing so.) If you are interested in connecting with a class, contact Molly Shull.
How Are You Doing?
Our pastors are available to pray and discuss any concerns that are on your heart. Please reach out if you need to talk. Email Molly Shull or complete the online form HERE. Contribute a request or pray for others HERE at the Prayer Wall.
Text to Connect: (717) 401-7777
|Pray||Ask for prayer||Pastor||Talk to a pastor|
|Give||Give an offering||Kids||Kids Ministry|
|New||New to KSC||Student||Student Ministry|
|Daily||Receive daily Scripture||Recovery||Recovery Support|
|Today||Digital Worship Folder|