Digital Worship Folder
If you would like to automatically receive the Digital Worship Folder on your device each week,
text TODAY to 717-401-7777
June 26, 2022
Pastor Jody Bowser
Making Sense of the Mess
“It’s Worse than Messy” – Ecclesiastes 8
- 8:00 am, Sanctuary (Traditional)
- 9:30 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am, Sanctuary (United Worship Service)
- 11:00 am, Baker Center (Contemporary)
- 8:00 am (Traditional)
- 9:30 am (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am (United)
Today we are celebrating two baptisms. We encourage you to pick up a booklet from the lobbies and read the testimonies of the candidates. They can also be found online HERE.
Help Needed at RESET
Our Monday night ministry is in urgent need of childcare helpers from 6:30-8:30 pm, for 2-6 kids; helpers work in pairs. Payment is available and responsible teenagers are welcome to apply. Contact Molly Shull.
VBS is This Week!
At 6:30 pm this evening, we will launch our VBS: “Discovery on Adventure Island: Quest for God’s Great Light!” Thanks to so many who helped us prepare for this week, and for all those who are serving “Arise! Shine! Your light has come; the Lord’s glory has shone upon you.” Isaiah 60:1 CEB
- Crew Leaders/Helpers: Report by 6:15 pm!
- Kids: Parents, drop your children off by 6:25 pm. If you have not yet registered, see Becky Hann THIS MORNING to check on availability.
- Prayer Requests:
- For safety!
- For our teachers to have clarity of thought, and communicate the lessons from God’s Word in such a way that the kids are able to understand it.
- That the children will hear the Gospel, and will be receptive to starting a relationship with Jesus.
- That we will love the children well.
- That our community will be blessed by the service projects that we complete this week.
RESET on Monday Nights
RESET is our worship service and support community that meets on Monday nights at 6:30 pm, downstairs in the Student Ministry Center. RESET seeks to help people in our church and community to overcome obstacles that keep us from abundant life in Christ, such as anxiety, depression, grief, pornography, and chemical addictions. It is a safe place to be real about the struggles of life. Join us on Mondays at RESET, and come early for dinner! If you have questions about RESET, contact Pastor Adam Keath or click HERE.
We will not meet on Monday, July 4, but plan now to attend our Summer Picnic on July 11! Meet at Chambersburg Memorial Park at 6:30 pm; dinner will be provided!
We are in need of Childcare Workers to watch children while the parents meet. There is a stipend available for those who serve in this way and responsible teens are welcome to apply.
Summer Street Meeting
Students in grades 6-12 are invited to the Student Ministry Center on Wednesday, July 6, for games, worship, a message, and ice cream! We meet at 6:30 and end around 8:00 pm at the Ice Cream Station.
The Porch Young Adult Ministry
The Porch exists to gather young adults to connect, support, and challenge one another. They meet next month on July 7 & 21, at 7:00 pm in the SMC, and will continue their study on the book of James. Learn more about The Porch HERE.
Children’s Ministry News
- On Sundays, we offer ministry for children in Nursery through 5th grade at 9:30 and 11 am. If you are new to KSC, or don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet, you can register your kid(s) online and then pick up your nametags at the Baker Center Welcome Station. Find more info HERE.
- Our Sunday morning attendance is growing (praise the Lord!) and we are looking for Teachers and Helpers in our Preschool and Elementary areas. Each one helps our children to explore the Bible and develop a deeper understanding of who God is. If you would like to learn more about serving with our kids, you can also reach out to Becky Hann.
News from The Street
- On Sundays, GPS classes meet for Bible study at both 9:30 and 11:00 am in the SMC and Middle School areas.
- Summer Street Meetings: Students in grades 6-12 are invited to the SMC for games, worship, a message, and ice cream! Our summer meetings begin at 6:30 and end around 8:00 pm at the Ice Cream Station, where parents can pick up the students. The upcoming meetings are June 22, July 6, July 27, and August 10.
- Our team of caring adults helps students to connect with Christ and each other, grow in Christ, and serve and share Christ. If you are interested in learning more about our Road Crew, contact Lauren Dukehart.
- For more information on student ministries, ways to get involved, and events, visit HERE.
King Street Church maintains a Samaritan Fund to help members and regular attenders of our church family with financial needs. For more information, contact the church office: (717) 264-4651.
King Street Church provides grants to qualifying college undergrads. Get an application and details HERE. The deadline to apply is Monday, July 18.
If you are in the hospital or would like to request a visit or prayer, please call the church office at (717) 264-4651 or email Molly Shull.
KSC is seeking to hire two positions right now. See details and application requirements HERE.
- Facilities Custodian/Maintenance Technician (full-time, second shift): Share the responsibilities of providing a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for our church family and community.
- Pre-School Coordinator (part-time): Provide administrative leadership for SonShine Park, our preschool ministry, including overseeing volunteers and Sunday classes.
How Are You Doing?
Our pastors are available to pray and discuss any concerns that are on your heart. Please reach out if you need to talk. Email Molly Shull or complete the online form HERE. christContribute a request or pray for others HERE at the Prayer Wall.
Text to Connect: (717) 401-7777
|Pray||Ask for prayer||Pastor||Talk to a pastor|
|Give||Give an offering||Kids||Kids Ministry|
|New||New to KSC||Student||Student Ministry|
|Daily||Receive daily Scripture||Recovery||Recovery Support|
|Today||Digital Worship Folder|
2022 Bible Reading Plan
One of our core values at King Street Church is to be spiritually alive in Christ. In coordination with this value, we have participated in a Bible Reading Plan together as a church body for several years. For 2022, we will be reading through the New Testament. The plan is offered several ways: by email, text or paper schedules in the lobbies. Learn more about the digital options or sign up at bible.kingstreetchurch.com.