Digital Worship Folder
If you would like to automatically receive the Digital Worship Folder on your device each week,
text TODAY to (717) 401-7777
October 2, 2022
Pastor Jody Bowser
A Passion for God’s People
What’s That Smell? – 2 Corinthians 1:12 – 3:6
- 8:00 am, Sanctuary (Traditional)
- 9:30 am, Baker Center and Sanctuary (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am, Sanctuary (United Worship Service)
- 11:00 am, Baker Center (Contemporary)
- 8:00 am (Traditional)
- 9:30 am (Contemporary)
- 11:00 am (United)
World Communion Sunday
Today we celebrate communion along with millions of other believers as part of World Communion Sunday. This month’s offering goes to Once More Ministries, which gives out free toiletries to the community four times a year. Be sure to pick up your individually-packaged elements in each worship space. If you are worshipping with us online, we encourage you to prepare your elements there at home.
Our next baptismal service will be on Sunday, October 30. If you would like to be baptized, or would like to learn more about this step of obedience, attend the class today at 11:00 am in M31.
Kids Choir offers kids in grades 1-5 a chance to learn more about music and worship, and use their energy to sing and move to the glory of God! We resume today in the Choir Room at 11:00 am.
The October edition of our church newsletter is available today in the lobbies, or online HERE. The Messenger contains an article from Pastor Jody, event information, ministry highlights, and more.
Night of Worship
Tonight (Sunday, October 2) we will meet in the Baker Center at 6:30 pm to join together in praise to our God.
Serve with the After-School Program
Our After-School Program begins tomorrow, October 3. This ministry allows us to care for kids from Ben Chambers Elementary School. We are able to provide for some of their most basic needs and to show the love of Jesus in that effort. To be ready for the new season of ministry, we need Tutors (to help kids with their homework) to help weekly on Monday or Tuesday from 4:45-6:00 pm. We also need Cooks and Helpers to serve monthly on Monday or Tuesday from 4-7:00 pm.
Consider taking a one-time “test drive” of this area of ministry to see what it’s like to help a child complete their homework, or to make a nourishing meal for them. If you can serve or would like to take a test drive, contact Jeanie Helman.
Child Dedication Classes
Child dedication is an opportunity for parents to make a public commitment to raise their children in the love and nurture of the Lord. If you’d like to participate in our dedication on November 6, attend a preparation class on Sunday, October 9 or Sunday, October 23 at 11 am, upstairs in M221. Questions, contact Becky Hann, Director of Children’s Ministries.
Teams are now forming for church league basketball for guys in grades 9-12. Sign-ups will be offered during the Open Gym nights in the Baker Center at 5:30 pm beginning on Thursday, October 13. If you know of a young person who might enjoy being in the basketball league, encourage them to come out.
Lunch Lessons with Pastor Jody
You’re invited to Lunch Lessons with Pastor Jody on Thursday, October 13, from 12-1:00 pm in the Fellowship Room. Take a break in the middle of a busy week to have a quiet lunch with our pastor where you can focus on Christ and the Christian life. This fall Pastor Jody will lead in a discussion about the book of Revelation. We need everyone to pre-register HERE so that we can plan. Bring your own lunch, or purchase a Chick-Fil-A sandwich ($5) or salad ($10) through the church. Those ordering lunch must register by noon on Tuesday, October 11.
Surviving the Holidays
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated? Our Surviving the Holidays seminar will be offered on from 2-4:00 pm in the Choir Room (M7) on the lower level. It is especially for people who are
grieving a loved one’s death. In the past participants have shared that this event has been incredibly helpful. You’ll learn:
- How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- Helpful tips for surviving social events
- How to discover hope for your future
News from The Street
- GPS Groups: Students in grades 6-12 meet for GPS Sunday School at 9:30 and 11:00 am. We have a new schedule:
- 9:30 am: Middle School Sunday School (High School Serving/Worship)
- 11:00 am: High School Sunday School (Middle School Serving/Worship)
- Wednesday Night Street Meetings: Students in grades 6-12 are invited to join us each week for snacks, games, worship, a message from God’s Word, and small group discussion. High School meets in the Student Ministry Center and Middle School will meet in the Baker gym during renovations to the Middle School area. Doors open at 6:45; we end at 8:30 pm. This week, October 5, is Small Group Night. If you would like more information, contact Lauren Dukehart.
- Visit our page for more information on Student Ministries or to find out how you can become part of the Road Crew team of volunteers.
The Porch Young Adult Ministry
The Porch young adult ministry meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7:00 pm in the Student Ministry Center. Small groups connect on the second and fourth Thursdays. Guys meet in the SMC and girls meet in Team Central. Learn more about The Porch HERE.
Children’s Ministry News
- Wednesday Night Ministry for Kids: Children in grades 1-5 are invited to meet in the Children’s Ministry Center from 7-8:00 pm for interactive activities and practical talk about how to live out our faith. Doors open at 6:45 pm. We are looking for people to round out our team of small group leaders. Contact Kristi Davis if you can help.
- Sunday Mornings, we offer ministry for children in Nursery through 5th grade at 9:30 and 11 am. If you are new to KSC, or don’t have the KidCheck app set up yet, you can register your kid(s) online and then pick up your nametags at the Baker Center Welcome Station. Find more info HERE.
- Our KidMin attendance is growing (praise the Lord!) and we are looking for Teachers, Helpers and Small Group Leaders in our Preschool and Elementary areas. Each one helps our children to explore the Bible and develop a deeper understanding of who God is. If you would like to learn more about serving with our kids, you can also reach out to Becky Hann.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Facilities Custodian and Maintenance Technician and a part-time Creative Arts Associate. Learn more about these positions and application requirements HERE.
RESET on Monday Nights
RESET is a worship service and support system that lifts up Jesus as our hope in the messiness of life. We meet on Monday nights to grow together and to share in authentic community. We start with worship at 6:30 pm; come early for dinner at 6:00 pm. Open share groups begin at 7:30. We have two support groups that recently started; it’s not too late to join:
- Conquer: (M2): Conquer is a video/discussion for men who are looking for freedom from lust, pornography, or sexual addiction.
- GriefShare: (M7): GriefShare is a support group for those who have suffered the death of a loved one. It is led by those who truly understand the journey (begins at 7:00 pm). You can register online for GriefShare HERE.
King Street Church maintains a Samaritan Fund to help members and regular attenders of our church family with financial needs. For more information, contact the church office: (717) 264-4651.
If you are in the hospital or would like to request a visit or prayer, please call the church office at (717) 264-4651 or email Molly Shull.
How Are You Doing?
Our pastors are available to pray and discuss any concerns that are on your heart. Please reach out if you need to talk. Email Molly Shull or complete the online form HERE. Contribute a request or pray for others HERE at the Prayer Wall.
Text to Connect: (717) 401-7777
|Pray||Ask for prayer||Pastor||Talk to a pastor|
|Give||Give an offering||Kids||Kids Ministry|
|New||New to KSC||Student||Student Ministry|
|Daily||Receive daily Scripture||Recovery||Recovery Support|
|Today||Digital Worship Folder|
2022 Bible Reading Plan
One of our core values at King Street Church is to be spiritually alive in Christ. In coordination with this value, we have participated in a Bible Reading Plan together as a church body for several years. For 2022, we will be reading through the New Testament. The plan is offered several ways: by email, text or paper schedules in the lobbies. Learn more about the digital options or sign up at bible.kingstreetchurch.com.