King Street Church is excited to open our facilities in a larger way during the Green Phase – and including corporate worship – with the guidelines outlined in this document. They are subject to change upon PA regulations and KSC staff discretion.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Molly Shull, Administrative Assistant.
WHO: Participants of all ages are invited to gather in the church building:
- In groups not to exceed 250 total persons
- Who are healthy and not presenting with a fever or other symptoms of illness
WHY: Participants are invited to gather for specific reasons:
- YES! We encourage gathering for Bible studies, meetings, fellowship, and ministry planning and preparation.
- NO, NOT YET: At this time, we prefer to limit recreational activities/sports, and personal social events such as birthday parties.
- CASE-BY-CASE BASIS: We will consider specific requests for meals/food. In general, we will not be able to approve buffet-style meals with food sharing.
HOW: Participants can apply to use a room through these procedures:
- If your request is for a recurring activity that was previously approved via a Facilities Request Form, contact the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 264-4651.
- If your request is new, complete a Facilities Request Form. Follow the instructions provided.
- Participants are asked to use supplies provided to wipe down the surfaces that they touch while using the room. The current mandates require masks to be worn when 6′ social distancing cannot be maintained. We also recommend applying sanitizer and washing hands.
OPENING WEEKEND: Saturday, July 11 and Sunday, July 12
SERVICE DAYS & TIMES:
We are currently offering an outdoor Saturday evening contemporary worship service. Park in the main lot and bring your chairs across to the Ministry Center parking lot. Masks are recommended and we ask that you observe social distancing guidelines. Service begins at 7:00 pm.
On Sundays, we will offer traditional services in the Sanctuary and contemporary services in the Baker Center at both 9:00 & 11:00 am. Due to the current regulations, masks will be required for all indoor services. (Note: The main level of the church will be open, but not the upstairs or downstairs levels.)
- Saturday night outdoor service at 7:00 pm
- Sunday morning services at 9:00 am and 11:00 am
SAFETY PLAN: To keep one another safe, we will observe 6’ social distancing standards, and according to these guidelines:
- We are no longer asking that you sign up in advance.
- Masks will be available free at doorways. Masks will be required at all Sunday services, and encouraged at the Saturday outdoor service.
- Seats will be spaced-out/marked-off to allow for 6’ social distancing between family units. Ushers will seat individuals starting at the front.
- The worship folder will continue to be offered online.
- Offering may be given online or dropped in boxes at each worship space.
- Our maintenance staff will sanitize the facilities after each service.
We will wait just a little bit longer to celebrate communion together, to open Crosswalk Kids Ministry, and to meet together for Sunday School.