Praise + Prayer = Power!
Almost every week, we send out an email to our church family which highlights a key event, ministry, or element in the upcoming worship services. Below is the text from the email from October 21, 2021. If you would like to receive our Weekend Preview email, click to sign up.
Today our hearts are filled with praise to God for His great goodness to us; with the same intensity we acknowledge our continued need for the Lord’s help in several areas. We invite you to share these burdens with us in prayer.
- Praise! In the past several weeks our Children’s Ministry area has made some renovations to their area including fresh paint, new flooring, and some fun new touches. Even more exciting has been the addition of our newest staff member, Kristi Davis, who came on board as our Elementary Coordinator. With her passion for kid’s ministry and infectious enthusiasm, Kristi has already become a vital member of the team. We are also so grateful to God for His blessing upon both our After-School Program which has had a great start on Monday and Tuesday nights, and also our newly relaunched Wednesday evening ministry.
- Prayer: Please pray with us that hearts would be responsive to God’s leading in the areas of being tutors in our After-School Program, and small group leaders for our Wednesday evening activities.
- Praise! In the past several weeks our Student Ministry area has been averaging over 100 students each week on Wednesday nights! We are also very encouraged to have our Pastor of Middle School Student Ministries, Rob Gunkelman — who has been with us now for just about six weeks — in full swing in ministry this fall.
- Prayer: Please pray with us that every student would feel welcomed, known, and loved. Pray for our basketball outreach ministry which is just starting up, and which is in need of more coaches to share God’s love with our neighborhood teens. And pray for our upcoming 5th Quarter Event on October 29, which will be a great opportunity for students to bring their friends to hear the Gospel.
- Praise! In the past several months our Monday night healing and recovery ministry has seen growth and an increased sense of family. They have begun a new season of the Alpha series which provides the opportunity for people to grow in their understanding of the Gospel and to deepen their faith. Just two weeks ago we began to share in a meal at 6 pm which has been very popular and allows for more community.
- Prayer: Please pray for those in the Alpha series, that the Holy Spirit would move in the lives of the participants and that we might see spiritual fruit. Pray for those struggling with addictions and compulsive behaviors, that they would not give up their fight, and would learn how to receive God’s healing and experience victory by operating in His power. Pray for our leaders, that they would not become weary in well-doing, but that the Lord would refresh them as He promises in Isaiah 40:31.
- Praise! We are so grateful for the loving response of our congregation when we invited you to give to the relief fund for Haiti last month. That collection is now closed; the generous gifts will be matched by King Street Church and will be used over the next few years in long-term rebuilding of our sister churches that were devastated by both an earthquake and a tropical storm.
- Prayer: Perhaps the greatest burden on our hearts today is the reality that 17 missionaries remain kidnapped in Haiti. Some in our community and within our church family are engaging in fasting and prayer today as we boldly ask God to spare the lives of these brothers and sisters in Christ, and to use this heartbreaking trial to His honor and glory.
If we could mention one final praise/prayer request, it would be to thank God for Pastor Jody’s quick healing from COVID, and to ask the Lord’s blessing as he and many others continue to heal and regain their strength. Pastor Jody will be sharing “A Message of Comfort” on Sunday from Isaiah 40-48. We look forward to seeing you in-person or online at 8:00 am, 9:30 am, or 11:00 am.