on Saturdays and Sundays
(Service times updated as of August 20, 2020.)
All of our indoor services will be masks-required (see details about cleaning in the FAQ section.) Our Saturday night service will be offered outside; masks are optional but we ask that you observe 6′ social distancing.
If you or anyone in your household is feeling sick in any way, we need you to stay home and watch the service online. This is the very best way to prevent the spread of this virus. If you think you might have come in contact with someone with the virus, please watch the service online.
Saturday, 7:00 pm:
Park in our main lot and bring your chair over
to the Ministry Center parking lot.
Sunday, 8:00 am (Masks Required):
Traditional Worship Service in the Sanctuary
Sunday, 9:30 am (Masks Required):
Contemporary Worship Service in the Sanctuary
Sunday, 9:30 am and 11:00 am (Masks Required):
Contemporary Worship Services in the Baker Center
Frequently Asked Questions: (rev. 8/5/2020)
Will there still be online worship? YES, we will continue to offer online worship services. As of August 9, 2020, this is the schedule:
- Traditional service will be streamed live at 8:00 am Sunday from the Sanctuary. A rebroadcast will be available at 1:00 pm.
- Contemporary service will be streamed live at 9:30 am Sunday from the Baker Center. A rebroadcast will be shown at 11:00 am.
- You can watch online on Facebook, through the King Street Church app on Apple TV and Roku, or through this link.
How long will we follow this schedule? This plan is just for a season; we plan to return to all of the former service times and location.
What about programs for children and students, and adult Sunday school? Limited Children’s Ministry classes for nursery to grade 5 began on August 9. Parents MUST register their children HERE EACH WEEK to participate. It is our hope that other programs will follow very soon!
What are the guidelines we will enforce for social distancing?
- Seats will be spaced-out/marked-off to allow for 6’ social distancing between family units. Ushers will seat individuals starting at the front. Masks are required for indoor services and will be available free at the door.
- The worship folder will continue to be offered online at kingstreetchurch.com/today. If you would like to have the Digital Worship Folder automatically sent to your device each week, text TODAY to 717-401-7777.
- Offering may be given online, dropped in boxes located in each worship space, or mailed to the church office at 56 N. Second Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Communion resumed on August 9. We are now using individually-packaged elements, which are available outside the entrance to each venue. For those joining us online, prepare your own elements and participate from home.
- Our maintenance staff will sanitize the facilities after each service.
- The main level of the church and limited children’s classes will be accessible, but not the downstairs level.
Thank you for your spirit of grace and unity! If you have any questions or concerns, contact Molly Shull, Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.