Vacation Bible School
We are looking forward to Vacation Bible School, Sunday through Wednesday, June 25-28. The theme is Keepers of the Kingdom. Kids will learn how they can be part of God’s kingdom through salvation in his Son and equipped with the armor of God to stand strong in today’s battle for truth. Save the date for this important annual event and consider how you can take part. Registration for volunteers and for kids is now open. Visit our VBS page for all the details.
Upcoming Events for Students in Grades 6-12
- Summer Street Meetings: Join us on June 7, June 21, July 26 and August 9 for our summer meetings. Most times, we will start out in the SMC at 7 and end by walking over to the Ice Cream Station. Bring $; pick up is at 8:30 pm.
- Summer Sneak: Our annual getaway is planned for June 12-16 in Lewes, DE. Students (currently in grades 8-12) will spend time with friends, hit the boardwalk, play games on the beach, enjoy campfires, worship, and hear teaching from God’s Word. Register at kingstreetchurch.com/sneak. Deadline is May 28.
- Chambersburg Project: This outreach opportunity for students currently in grades 6-12 is July 9-14. Chambersburg Project is a weeklong local mission opportunity for our students; they will repair/renovate homes for Franklin County residents who have physical and/or financial limitations. This is one of our highlights of the summer. Learn more and sign up at kingstreetchurch.com/project. Deadline is May 31.
- Visit our page for more information on Student Ministries or to find out how you can become part of the Road Crew team of volunteers.
- Visit The Street Student Ministries page for more information or for specific event registration.
Child Dedication Class
Child dedication is an opportunity for parents to commit publicly to raising their children in the love and nurture of the Lord. Preparation classes will be held on Sundays, June 4 and 11 (attend one class) at 11:00 am in M221. Dedications will take place during worship services on Sunday, July 16. If you are interested in learning more about child dedication, or wish to attend a class, contact Heidi Roseman, Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant.
The Senior Adult Ministry program at King Street Church is known as the PrimeTimers. This growing ministry provides Christ-centered activities addressing the spiritual, social, physical and educational needs of retirees, grandparents, people with adult children, couples, singles and widows/widowers, all of whom desire to be productive servants of Christ. Two of their upcoming events are:
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Wednesday, August 2
- Picnic at Green Township Park: Wednesday, September 13
Visit their page for details on these events and a full schedule for the year.
Loss of a Spouse Seminar
Do you dread the lonely days and nights? Wonder what to do with your spouse’s belongings? Get help and hope at this one day seminar hosted by our GriefShare team on Sunday, June 11 from 2-4 pm in M27. Pre-register online HERE or call the church office at (717) 264- 4651. If you have not lost a spouse but know someone who might benefit from this, please invite them to this special time of ministry and support.