King Street Church is committed to spreading the Gospel to our community and to our world. Many Sunday School classes and Small Groups get involved in local and international ministries.
Local ministries run by King Street Church:
- AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM:
Every Monday and Tuesday from 4-6 p.m. during the school year, approximately 25 children from the Ben Chambers Elementary gather at King Street Church for homework help, a warm meal, and friendly interaction. Through the leadership of Jeanie Helman, our Children’s Outreach Coordinator, and a wide variety of volunteers, we show the love of Jesus in a unique way, right where we live. It’s a great way to engage and bless our neighborhood children in 1st-5th grade. Current needs: Monday and Tuesday Tutors, each week from 4:45-6:15 pm. This is a weekly commitment from now until April 30.
- AGAPE ENGLISH PROGRAM:
Each Saturday, the Agape English Program meets with approximately 25-30 ESL students, 2-4 faithful teachers and several childcare volunteers for a room full of children. KSC is loving neighbors by helping them to help themselves— all for the glory of God. As this exciting ministry grows, there are many opportunities for volunteers. You are encouraged to come out any Saturday evening at 5 p.m. and observe the group in action. Contact Sue Marshall to learn more: email@example.com.
- BASKETBALL MINISTRY:
Our church family has a great opportunity to engage and bless high school students in our community with the Gospel through the avenue of basketball. Every year over 30 students come into our gym looking for an opportunity to play the game they love. For more info and ways to get involved please contact Matt Gish.
- ONCE MORE MINISTRIES:
This ministry shares the love of Jesus and builds relationships with our neighbors by sharing toiletries with those who cannot afford them. They work with the disabled, those with serious illnesses, unemployed and low-income families, single mothers, victims of domestic violence, the homeless, and many others in Franklin County. The ministry is led by Tracy Mentzer and Dixie Cantrell. The church will collect toiletries in the lobbies in February, May, August, and November.
Local ministries that we support, as a partner ministry:
Child Evangelism Fellowship: CEF is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in the local church for Christian living. Click to learn more.
- Circles: Circles is a community program that supports families trying to get out of poverty by building relationships across class lines. Click to learn more.
Cold Weather Shelter: This shelter is a Christian-based program developed to provide a warm, safe , clean environment for those who are homeless, and have no options for shelter during the cold inclement months of the year. Click to learn more.
- CROSS: CROSS, Inc. seeks to provide residential and social services to persons with developmental disabilities and their families. Opportunities for intellectual, spiritual and emotional growth are provided in a developmental environment based on Christian values. Click to learn more.
DiscipleMakers: DiscipleMakers is a Christian campus ministry based in Pennsylvania. Their goal is to raise up the next generation of leaders for the Church by training college students in Bible study, gospel-driven discipleship, and evangelism. Click to learn more.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes: FCA seeks to present to coaches and athletes, and all whom they influence, the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church. Click to learn more.
- Franklin County Jail Ministry: Provides pastoral care to inmates, families, and jail staff through the Chaplain. Click to learn more.
- Fruitbelt Farmworker Christian Ministry: This ministry is dedicated to serving migrant and seasonal farm workers who come to South Central Pennsylvania to harvest the various fruit crops. Click to learn more.
Habitat for Humanity: This ministry builds strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Click to learn more.
House of Grace: Women helping women. The House of Grace is a safe, nurturing “home atmosphere” where women can learn together, grow together, and have fun together. Click to learn more.
Joy-El Ministries: “Igniting a generation that seeks Him.” Joy El seeks to provide opportunities for people to experience life-change through personal encounters with God. Click to learn more.
- NETwork: NETwork’s mission is to share in the love of Christ with those who are most vulnerable in our community. They especially seek to equip children/young adults with the skills necessary for spiritual growth, academic achievement, Christian leadership, and life management. Click to learn more.
Pregnancy Ministries: PMI provides free & confidential services including STI testing & treatment, pregnancy & pregnancy related services, material support and unconditional, non-judgmental acceptance. Click to learn more.
Rhodes Grove Camp: Offering Christ-centered experiences that reveal God’s majesty. Click to learn more.
Salvation Army: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Click to learn more.
She’s Somebody’s Daughter: Creating communities that HONOR women. SSD offers presentations to educate the general public about the issues related to pornography, sex trafficking and sexual abuse. Click to learn more.
- Sweet Grace Ministries: Sweet Grace seeks to offer support, hope, and empathy to those who have endured miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death. Click to learn more.
Young Life: Young Life invites kids to follow Christ, care for them regardless of their response, and change lives in the process. Click to learn more.