NEWS FROM THE SEARCH TEAM
The Search Team met on Monday, April 14. Phil Whipple, bishop of the US National Conference, was also in attendance. Ron Baker, Rodney Mose and Rich Tardosky reported on the responses they had received from calling the references provided to us by the three search groups that were under consideration—SIMA, Slingshot Group and Vanderbloemen Search Group. After much discussion on the pros and cons of each group, we decided to work with the Vanderbloemen Search Group, which had the most experience placing senior pastors and provided the longest guarantee.
The contract was signed on April 21, 2014.
The major steps in the process with Vanderbloemen Search Group include:
- Kick-off meetings: They will meet with us to determine the key characteristics we desire in a new Senior Pastor and create a Job Specification Sheet.
- Sourcing/Screening/Interviewing: They will contact prospects, collect resumes and conduct phone screens.
- Presentation of Recommended Candidates: They will formally present a group of four to six prospective candidates to us.
- Candidate/Client Interviews: We will interview the candidates. They will gather feedback from the candidates and share that information with us.
- Referencing: They conduct formal referencing for the final candidate(s) and share that information with us.
- Negotiation/Closure: If needed, they will serve as a facilitator.
Please be in prayer for the following:
- That the Vanderbloemen Search Group would locate and recommend the right candidates for our consideration.
- Patience to let the process happen in God’s timing.
- The pastors and staff as they carry on the duties of church ministry during this time of transition.
- The next senior pastor of King Street Church to prayerfully follow God’s leading.