These are the biggest things happening right now at King Street Church– the latest news and upcoming events. Click on any of the red highlighted words to get more information.
Download the most recent worship folder: Worship Folder (pdf)
Each Monday at 6:30 pm in the Student Ministry Center: Celebrate Recovery is a weekly, Christ-centered healing and recovery ministry for anyone with a hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. It is our hope that within the safety of CR, we can take our masks off, be real with one another, and discover restorative community. For more information, pick up an invite card or flyer in the lobbies or click HERE.
- During October and November, improvements will be made to a large portion of our parking lot. While this means that those on-site spaces will not be accessible, there are hundreds of parking spots available within a four-minute walk of our building. More information, including maps, can be found HERE. Please prayerfully consider how YOU can be part of the solution to this challenge and plan where you will park during this time, if you are able to walk a short distance.
- During October and November, we will also need at least 4 additional volunteers for our Parking Lot Ministry Team. These critical volunteers will ensure that our church family can safely and easily park for services during this important project. If you can help, contact Ken Adams.
- For more information about the parking lot reconstruction plan (as well as the upcoming impact from the Franklin Country Courthouse renovation), pick up the latest Messenger newsletter or read it online HERE.
ELEMENTARY FALL FAMILY EVENT
Saturday, October 20, from 5-7 pm at Caledonia Park: Elementary children and their families are invited to a cookout and campfire at Caledonia Park (Oak Shelter Pavilion). We will grill hot dogs and make smores. Come for fellowship, fun and worship around the campfire. RSVP by October 18 here.
BASKETBALL LEAGUE FOR GRADES 9-12
Open Gym Nights – October 18 and 23: Teams are forming for Church League Basketball for high school guys. Sign up on Open Gym Nights from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Baker Center gym. Questions, call Greg West.
TRAINING FOR TEACHERS
Saturday, November 3 in Newville: If you teach a class at KSC, you are invited to attend the annual PA State Sunday School Convention. Pick up a brochure in the foyer and email Molly Shull to register. Registration is paid for all KSC teachers.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT ACTIVITIES
Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm: A variety of classes are offered for adults, while youth and children experience their own activities. A detailed list of classes can be found HERE. To register for a class — or to register your child (nursery – grade 5) — please complete the form HERE. Nursery/Children’s Programs run through November 14. IMPORTANT: A parent must stay on-site for Nursery, Preschool and Kindergarten children.
WOMEN’S WEEKDAY CLASSES
Two day-time women’s classes are being offered this fall. More details can be found HERE.
- Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30 am in M9: This group, facilitated by Sherry Sellers, will be studying “Finding I AM” by Lysa TerKeurst.
- Every other Thursday from 6:30-7:30 am in M9: This early-morning study group, facilitated by Cookie Schoenberger and Sharon Love, will begin their year by studying “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World” by Joanna Weaver.
- Adult Choir: Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm in the Choir Room
- Handbell Choir: Tuesdays at 6:00 pm in M9, starting Sept. 11.
- Kids’ Choir: Wednesdays at 6:15 pm in the Choir Room. (For grades 1-5.)
HEADING OUT OF TOWN?
BIBLE READING PLAN
In coordination with our new series for 2018, “Life in His Name,” we will be reading through the New Testament together as a church family. Each day there are directives that will lead you in a deeper study experience, such as “Identify one fact that stood out to you today in the reading.” You are invited to log-in to your own account and answer the questions. To connect with the questions, follow the link HERE and begin to type in one of the answer boxes to activate the log-in prompt. Those already signed up for daily emails will continue to receive them. Learn more, sign up or study at 2018.kingstreetchurch.com.
RESERVED PARKING: SINGLE PARENTS
If you are a single parent with small children, we invite you to use one of the four designated parking spaces in the Baker Center lot that are reserved for your convenience.
RIGHT NOW MEDIA
KSC has a subscription to Right Now Media, which is sometimes called “The Christian Netflix.” It offers thousands of hours of free Bible studies and videos from teachers such as Francis Chan, Max Lucado, Chip Ingram and Andy Stanley. There is also a section for kids. Many Bible studies and classes here at KSC are already using it. We believe this free resource can be a vital tool for growth in your Christian life. If you haven’t received an invitation in your email inbox, email email@example.com.
RECORDS UPDATE: Have you moved or changed your phone #/ email?
Provide your latest information. We will keep your contact details confidential and use them only for church business. Here is the ONLINE FORM.